September 10 - 11, 2021
TCI Fall Show
1220 S. 19th Street
Mattoon, IL 61938
Contact Tom Grant
Online Registration Closes September 10
Paper form Registration (PDF)
- 3:00 pm: Setup
- 6:00-6:45 pm: Dinner
Cracker Barrel, 1101 Charleston Ave E. I-57 & SR 16 Mattoon, IL 61938
There will be a VFW steward at the lodge while we are at dinner. However, don't leave anything of major value out.
- 7:00 pm: - 9:30 pm: Show Time
- 10:00 pm: VFW doors locked
Note: there is a bar at the VFW for those who may want an adult beverage. There will be no security Friday night. Don't leave anything of major value out.
- 7:30 am: Show opens again
- ~2:00 pm: Show ends, Pack up and prepare for switchers tour
- 2:30 pm: Switchers Tour at Tom Grant's home
6 Carrollton Estates, Mattoon IL, Cell 217-258-8258, C*Net 486-4311
- 6:00 pm: Dinner at Mattoon Denny's
224 Richmond Ave E, Mattoon, IL 61938, (217) 234-7234
Be sure to talk to Thomas if you want to return to his house after dinner or possibly on Sunday or if you are interested in other interesting destinations.
Local Possibilities for RV parking/camping are:
- Amtrak, 6 trains daily.
- City of New Orleans- Chicago to New Orleans, train 58/59.
- State trains-Chicago to Carbondale Illinois, trains 390, 391, 392, 393.
- By air- Champaign airport, 45 minutes away, Otherwise Chicago, St Louis, Indianapolis. Bloomington and Springfield, Illinois airports host Allegiant I believe.
- By interstate- Exit 184 and 190 serve Mattoon on I-57. I-70 is 20 minutes south at Effingham, Illinois.